Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rising medical costs

The rising cost of prescription medications is leading American families to engage in risky behaviors, including skipping medication doses, taking less than the prescribed dose of medication or deciding to stop taking prescription medication altogether, according to a recent survey from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. I use generic drugs when ever they make one, which helps a lot..but I have 2 prescriptions that are $300 each.

See if your doctor will give you double your dose, so you can cute it in half, making the prescription double.

2 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, I guess I should have read this first. I was so excited to see my name, I skipped over it.

That's unbelievable. I am glad you're feeling somewhat better. That has to be horrible to go through. Big hugs, Kimi!!

Linda Murphy said...

I hope you are feeling better and what a bright spot to get that beautiful card from Michelle!

I agree prescription meds are through the roof. That is quite a cost and I imagine it must be quite challenging financially and emotionally. I wish you all the best.